Sunday, July 09, 2006

Say what you mean and mean what you say

Are you only half alive or have you always been this inarticulate?
I think that was Jewel.

I have to remember that I am a grown up now and that I am no longer allowed to pine over someone who it would only frustrate me to try and understand. I cannot read minds. If you do not tell me things, I cannot know them I am one. I am me. No one owns me. I am my own. If you want me, get in line and come and try to get me. Trust me, Im worth it. I love frequently and completely. I am a hopeless romantic. Maybe I will awaken from this dream and find myself alone and happily so, complete as I am now, and strong, and always willing to love. (Note that love does not necessarily imply sex). Those who have known the most love will appreciate it more than those who were afraid of it and never tried it. As of now, you can no longer hurt me. I am untouchable. I will allow you to try to win my heart, but never forget that I will always have the final say. Its my heart after all.

Todays song: Whats it called? Shes been everybody elses girl, maybe one day she will be her own, Tori Amos, the goddess.
I want to take this opportunity to give a shout out to my bestest buddy Marilu, who is leaving us for the beautiful East, in order to roam like a gypsy through the world, encountering places and people and experiencing life as a being that is fully conscious of all of its beauty. Born on Friday the 13th, this tall waif-like creature has left a deep impression on everyone who has ever known her and made herself absolutely unforgettable. Marymoo, you are the Fire Maya, you are the Metro-maia, the Mwayi-Ree-Lu, you are phenomenal. I love you so much.

I want to dedicate a song to you, but which one? There have been so many since Ive known you. Lets see … Moloko, it has to be Moloko. All of it. I can never listen to any of those CDs again without my thoughts instantly turning to you. Sayonara!

2 comments:

sojourner incognito said...

what do I say in response to this?

shot my darling, dankie vir die pragtige post.

You always seem to have mystery photos that I never have any memory of..

sal julle vreeslik mis, but don;t despair! Dis net 'n 17 ure vlug soontoe.. amper soos kaap toe ry.. hehe..

partieweirdo said...

Like yeah! All I need to do now is to win the Lotto or marry a very rich man. "I'm not really the gambling type and I've never wanted to marry a man for money, so I guess we'll have to rely on the Universe. If the Universe wants me to win the Lotto, I'll pick up a winnig ticket. Miracles afterall, do happen!