Saturday, April 01, 2006

Down with Mercury!

Wow, I haven't had much time to Internet lately and I was having serious withdrawl issues. It's been a quiet sort of week. Went to my one class, lectured my one tutorial class that show up, spent some time with friends, said goodbey to a good one, looking for a job, etc. I also attended an informal Philisophy seminar called Footnotes @ Tings. This, ofcourse, refers to Tings & Times in Hatfield Pretoria. Also, Footnotes stem from Footnotes to Plato, in which the theory is that all Philosophy since Plato has been basically, footnotes to Plato. I like that. So, we were discussing Heidegger (correct spelling?) and the beingness of being. I am here now, at this moment. and that much I know for a fact. I am not a mere figment of my own imagination.
I really enjoyed it, its right up my alley. These very same issues have been mine and pursuing the Question has been an obsession of mine for a long time. I guess I got so distracted by the everyday shit that I lost track of what I was doing before I was interrupted. Girl - Interrupted. Well, Now I'm trying to spend more time on those things that I love, but never have time or energy for anymore. I can't keep letting life get in the way of my happiness. Happiness is a conscious pursuit. The question?

Slightly off subject now, I really need to ask a question and I invite (no, implore) everyone to please respond to this if you can:

The moon influences the ocean in that it creates a rhythm that make waves. We are like 90% water, or something like that. Does that not prove that the moon affects us on a molecular level? And looking at it like that, could planetary allignments not influence us?
You see, I am still blaming Mercury for my very trying couple of weeks, (3weeksfromHell) as that culprit Mercury had been in Retrograde. That means that it was in such a position that it had an effect on people. I've heard all the arguements, ok! I realise that if you believe something, it will manifest itself in your reality. But so many people share my experience in that the last few weeks have been really chaotic. Mercury is supposed to screw up communication and technology and just plain normal functioning of everything. Things just got harder to accomplish and stress and frustration were all over the place. I don't even know if this is a terribly coherent arguement, but in light of what I have said about planetary allignments influencing us, HOW on this Earth can people still deny that Mercury had anything to do with it?
Watch out! Next one is in November! Prepare yourself and organise a holiday for just after. You'll need it. Do it well in advance though, you don't want Mercury to screw up your travel arrangements!

Think I'm a space cadet? You won't be the first. I'm just trying to help you see the facts. You're welcome to ignore it. Good luck!

2 comments:

Cacophony said...

heya. i truly believe that planetary alignments as well as the position and phase of the moon has an influence on everything on earth.

as for mercury screwing everything up, i'm devided on the subject since mercury is my ruler. sure it was hectic, but to me, not chaotic. now if it were mars, that would have been another story :)

rah* said...

On the topic of all things Mercury...
I was just listening to Queen's Bohemian Rhpasody...and yes this is another one of my little stories which are TOTALLY unrelated to anything current...but yeah, and I know you'll still love me Ree :P...

FREDDY DIDN'T SHOWER!!!
Highly insensitive, I knoweth that,but random thoughts allowed oui? Evil as they may be...