Sunday, April 30, 2006

Brave New World.


A very good friend of mine came to visit all the way from Japan, and I have to say, it has been amazing spending time with him. Its like he never really left and is essentially still the same singular person that he alway was. I just enjoyed basking in his glow of fabulousness. Its funny how I never know what to say to people who leave or whom I haven't seen for a long time. Like when Wes and Nic left, I didn't know what to say at that moment. What do you say to people when you have to say goodbey? This is the last memory they will have of you, you'd better make it good! And usually, I got Nothing. Goodbeys are so tragic. It's like my heart just stops beating for a while, until it warms up again after I have a stiff drink. I remember when my friend Amy went back to Australia. We cried so much, I couldn't breathe. I suppose its only really important to appreciate the people in our lives completely, so that when they leave, you have all these amazing memories to treasure. I'll miss Hein so much when he leaves again. And now Mary Moo is leaving for Japan too. It's really great, because it is such an exciting adventure. I am so glad that she landed this opportunity, the future looks brilliant from here on. One day will be my turn, and people will flock to the Airport to see me off and cry and tell me how much they'll miss me and how much they love me. And I will be on my way to fulfill my destiny and chasing adventure. Lu, ek gaan jou baie mis, maar ek is so bly vir jou, my skat. It's all happening! Oh Brave New World that has such people in it...

I had a breakthrough, nevermind the contributing factors of how, why and when. My older, future Self came to me in a vision. Future Ree stuck out her hand for me to help me up where I was kneeling. The expression on her face was so calm and kind. So infinitely wise and confident. And she seemed so strong and capable. She told me to come with her, that she will show me the way. That I must just concentrate on her voice. For the first time, I am not afraid anymore. Of anything. I know that I can handle anything. Almost anything, at least. There is no need to be afraid. I recognise and trust that now, because I have found the strength in myself. Burried deep within. The time has come to seize everything that is rightfully mine, my sanity being the most pressing.

Today mental health, Tomorrow, THE WORLD!

2 comments:

sojourner incognito said...

ek het al gedink dat dit totally die moeite werd is om weg te gaan, even if net vir die dag van jou retrun. Absence makes the heart grow fonder maar jy besef dit slegs wanneer die absence gebreek word. Gedurende gee niemand regtig 'n fok om wat jy aan die ander kant van die planeet aanvang nie.

As jy wil travel, sit nou jou mind daartoe en laat dit gebeur. Maar besef dit gaan tyd vat en jou patience toets.

Gaan julle guys mis soos die reen. Maar check hoe vinnig het 2 jaar verby gegaan.

And the more things change, the more they stay the same.

partieweirdo said...

You will never ever be far from my mind. And just an email away. Don't you just love technology sometimes?