Monday, August 21, 2006

Whats that smell?

Someone said to me the other day that you know that spring is coming when you can smell Jasmin all over.

This morning I was walking to Varsity down my favourite street - long and relatively quiet, lined with the most beautiful trees. Arcadia street. I could feel Spring in the air,
no, I could smell it, thanks to the Jasmin. full of promise. My sister Tish said that I smell of the Ocean, Pearls and Jasmin. I love that. I love you Tishi!My life is very complicated right now, I have so many Varsity things to do, the Play and a very complicated love-life, that I'm sure I would be much better without. Its somehow much simpler if you're single. And I am now, its just a matter of staying that way. I guess I want to have my cake and eat it. As long as I can still look myself in the eyes, I guess its all fine -- right?
I don't want to be Estella. I want to be Emma, or Elizabeth Bennet. Happy Spring to all Africans (don't venture out without a scarf just yet, Ernest Hemmingway warned us about hte false spring. That's when nature lulls you into a false sense of security, just so that she could take one last stab at our bodies with her ice cold finger.) and to all others, I can just imagine how it must suck to be you right now, missing out on this glorious African weather.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really proud of you! Sounded like cancer boy tried to convert you into serious christianity or something? dont they realise we all pray to the same God? Anyway religion is not the issue - it's judging ppl based on their religious beliefs, that's ruining just about everyting thats left of humanity. Cancerians are just to sensitive anyway and aquarians are almost way to much fun! Am I right?
Love you and miss you and will come to visit very soon I promise!
the dandy lion

partieweirdo said...

Yeah! She lives!

He's a very nice boy, but definitively not for me. Mr Aquarius is also a member of the Christmas past squad, but I wasn't expecting him to hang around. Alas.

Love you!

rah* said...

lovely pics of you...

most glam and glorious, very vampy :)