Monday, September 18, 2006

Ree of Bath


Before you read this, there are some things that you need to consider:
It is a well known fact that I am completely off my rocker. It is also no secret that I party too hard, that I Roleplay, that I read too much fantasy, science-fiction and horror, watch too many moves, series and anime. I also have an over-active imagination.

So I get home from a party with some of my closest friends that lasted until 03h00 in the morning. I have to get up early, because silly me vollunteered to help out at the Octoberfest. So I decide to take a bath before crawling into bed, so that I can get ready to go within 30mins.

Completely trashed, I get in the tub. The house is quiet except for the occasional creek from the neighbours or a murmer from my sister and her boyfriend that are sleeping over.

I keep hearing noises. Creepy noises. What the Hell? I keep envisioning these crazy scenarios where I am in the tub - naked - and someone comes in and attacks me, stabs me, drowns me or eats me. No more Clive Barker for me, I decide. I tell myself that I am being rediculous and that my imagination is running away with me. I can't relax. Too tense. Too trashed. Too paranoid.

I sink down into the water, holding my breath. That always relaxes me. Head under water. Just listening to my heartbeat. My mind wanders. I envision someone coming in while I'm under the water with my eyes closed and suddenly sit up - heaving to regain composure and oxygen. Eyes wide open. Quiet.
I look down into the water and gasp! OMG! Blood! I'm in a tub full of BLOOD! I scream (which nobody heard). I almost have a heart-attack until I realise that it's only hairdye. See, I dyed my hair the day before and didn't rinse properly. Anyway, that's why the tub was red.


I get out and tiptoe to my bed, not bothering to switch on any lights, peering around corners. I feel stupid and go to sleep, giggeling like a schoolgirl. This picture is from my good friend Shakira, who is demented, as I am.

1 comment:

rah* said...

OMG!!!!!!! I'm famous!!! ooo yeah baby!!! I hath been officially declared demented by teh_ROYAL_Ree-ness.*so honoured* :D

knew you'd love that one ;p