Monday, December 04, 2006

The happy hippie song.

I wrote the following when I was doing the Happy Hippie thing, so just keep that in mind.

It’s raining outside. An electrical storm – my favourite. It’s late and dark. I feel completely awake, even though I haven’t slept. I can’t sleep. The planet in pulsating and vibrating all around me. I look into the windows of buildings in front of me, watching people as they go about their business and draw their curtains, closing their windows to shut the raging storm out. I am standing partially in the rain, probably catching pneumonia. I’ve got to work tomorrow. It’s strange how this job thing just sort of fell into my lap. All nice and pretty with a bow and shiny wrapping paper.
The Universe just made it happen when the time was right for it to be so. Like many things I suppose. Life just happens when people are ready for it to happen, there is no sense in trying to rush things. You can’t force the Universe to take action, the timing has to be right.
Timing is everything. My free time has suddenly become very valuable, so I find myself incapable of wasting it. I suppose the danger of becoming even more impatient is there, but not if I take a few counter measures. Like Yoga and learning to meditate, so that I can be relaxed, calm and focussed. It would also boost the energy levels significantly. I have a lot less sleepy-time than I used to…
No, I have to focus on my career and quit screwing around. I have to spend my time wisely in order to avoid a frantic meltdown situation.
Now that the next stage of my development can commence, I am confident that there will be a lot to learn about myself and the world in general. Adventure awaits those who are not afraid to seize the opportunity, embracing the future with valour and enthusiasm. Or something like that…
What am I saying? I sound just like the ree-encarnated hippie that my little brother accuses me of being. But I’m proud of it. Saving the world a little bit at a time.
‘And I –eeh-hi- had a feeling that I belonged, I-eeh-hi- had a feeling that I could Be someone…
The storm is calming down now, its just a light drizzle. There is nothing like a South African storm.
‘I’m crazy like a fool…what about Daddy Cool!’
A developing being (raving lunatic) experiencing herself – it’s gonna be quite a ride. Especially if I keep spewing nonsense like this all day long. I’ve got to fake my way into being taken seriously. I have to think grown-up thoughts…
Maybe I’m a different breed of grown-up, though. Maybe I could teach them all something - something that I know that they don’t. It’s marvellous idea. I get to discover a whole new world and a whole new me. One who is in control of her Universe, an Architect of her own reality. And I promise, no more trouble with the law…

No comments: