Thursday, January 25, 2007

When I was a young lass


When I was a young lass, still in my Queenly training boots, there was a show on T.V. called Liewe Heksie - it was about a young witch who lived in a flower filled land, where the villains were ugly and the goodies were pretty. Everything was pretty much as it seemed. As I grew into a young adult, i realised that I continuously surrounded myself with the real life character versions of that childhood fable. Here are the characters and their human representatives in my land:

Liewe Heksie - Wessel
Mattewes Kat - Marilu
Fee Prinses - Tish
Koning Rosekrans - Hernes
Griet - Morne'
Blommie Kabouter - Charl
Karel Kat - Carel kat
Kwaaitjie Kabouter - Lukas
Geel / Persheks - Ree
Kerrie Gifappeltjie - Gert
Borrie Gifappeltjie - Daniela
Kwaai babatjie - Willem
Rissiepit - Melody

if your name is here and you can read this, it means that we share a childhood ideal and that's probably why we became attracted to each other as adults. Perhaps I am still stuck in Blommeland, but it's just so pretty, why would I ever wish to leave it! Thanx Verna Vels for creating a realm for me of my very own!

Ps. the photo is courtesy of Dirk

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course, I'd now like to know why Mattewis. I've always liked Mattewis though.

Bah, I've just told someone "tabun.. knock knock?" (maybe.. knock-knock). Where are my conversational skills going.

PS Dirk takes hella good photos. Checked out his site. Nice zoom, angle, lens thing he's got going for him.

(Am currently the one teacher in the staffroom as all the others are in a meeting)

ciao bella.

Cacophony said...

hulle noem my liewe heksie
maar lefienja is my naam
ek's die slimste heksie wat ek ken
en ek was al op die maan :)

didn't see that one coming

Anonymous said...

O Griet! Altyd bly om die gif appel in jou sprokies werĂȘld te wees. hie hie hie.
van Borrie