Thursday, February 16, 2006

It just keeps getting better.

So, I had a very interesting weekend. On friday, I wasn't going to go out, but a friend convinced me to go for one drink. It ended up being a couple of drinks and this dude that I know a little asked me out on a date and gave me an (CENSORED). I know, I'm not a teenager anymore and I haven't done (CENSORED) in six years, but I didn't say no and had such a blast!
This other dude asked me to go with him to this party along with my flatmate's new squeeze. It sounded perfectly legit, so I went. I turned out to be a death metal party and the guys, who thought that this little hippie stoner chickie was going to be so freaked out, were in for a surprise.
See, I'm a roleplayer, so not only did I happen to know half the people there, I also knew 3 guys in the band 'Architechts of aggression'. Not really my kind of music, but i was (CENSORED), so I loved it! The dudes I went with were astounded as I embraced this huge scary looking lead singer like the old friend that he is. Just goes to show that you should never underestimate someone. So in the end, I went home with these jokers, but only because I was still (CENSORED) very hard and ofcourse, my flatmate's new squeeze, so I thought it would be ok. Got some action from the other guy, but as I am commited to my decision to be celibate this year, lets just say that he had to be satisfied with making out. Good kisser though. The next morning, I get an sms from my flatmate. It turns out the her new Squeeze (who is 30) apparantly got a 17 year old pregnant! We haven't heard from him since this came out, so he's not around to deny it. Scumbag. Better off without him, that's what I say! On saturday night I had the worst (CENSORED)hangover of my life and became so irritated with EVERYONE and EVERYTHING that I snapped and told a few people off. I appologised on Sunday monrning. I was tired!
On tuesday was Valentinesday. I don't really celebrate V-day, it's just a marketing ploy. I planned to spend the day going to class, cleaning the bathroom and meeting a friend for a drink that evening. Last V-day I spent at the zoo with a friend of mine, who now lives in Costa Rica and I miss him soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. Determind not to be depressed, I went to class but missed it. Some friends of mine were having a picnic and i joined them. Got drunk before 11h00. went home eventually, went to meet the friend and met some new people. They convinced me to (CENSORED) with them. You know, when they said JUST SAY NO i must not have been listening. So that was how I spent Valentinesday. Oh, I also managed to see a movie that day. Pride and Prejudice. I'm a huge Jane Austin fan. I loved the movie. Mr Darcy, the most perfect man on the planet has previously been played by Colin Firth, who remains unmatched. The actor who played his part was hot though, and did very well. I was not disappointed. Anyway, back to my week. Because of tuesday, I had to write off wednesday, but made up for it by being very productive today. I really wanted to grow up. It seems that not much has changed, not if I'm still having a hard time saying NO to (CENSORED). I've convinced myself that I'm only doing these things because Varsity has not really gotten busy yet. Let's see if I manage to focus. I had so much fun though! Responsibly, because I never forgot who I was and what I was doing. I can't help feeling that everyting is going to work out. My dreams will become reality, I will be successful and somewhere on the planet, there has got to be a man who is not a complete scumbag! Until this happens, I'm happy to be me and I'm happy that Im still young enough to afford the odd mistake and wild-crazy-drug-feind stunt.

Henry van Dyke said that 'Happiness is inward and not outward. And so, it does not depend on what we have, but on what we are'.

QR.

No comments: