Thursday, February 09, 2006

What I did today,



Nothing exceptionally interesting happened today. Woke up with a gynormous hangover and a furiously grumbling tummy. It was raining. I do love the rain so much! It was really coming down heavily so I decided to skip class for today and stay in. I wanted to sleep some more, but I couldn't get back into it. My flatmate was still sleeping off her hangover that she acquired after meeting another great boyfriend. Such a great guy too. Where does she find them? Howcome I never meet guys like that? My last relationship is not something that I like to dwell on. I feel somehow inadequate. Is there some reason that it never works out? Am I doing something wrong? Is there something wrong with me? My flatmate agrees however, that the reason my last relationship bombed wasn't anything I did. I just know how to pick 'em, I guess. Always going for the guys who intrigue me at first but bore me afterwards. And I'm always so shy around them. It's like, my last boyfriend loves the sound of his own voice and spoke mostly of himself and his "music career". Yep, he was one of those NON-performing musicians on the verge of making it BIG. GET OFF THE FREAKING COUCH TIM!
Ah, that feels better. Actually, the real problem was that he never cared enough about me to notice that I was very quiet. I wasn't always like that. I like talking too, if I could get a word in. Or if he would have prompted me a little, encouraging me and creating a secure atmosphere.
Anyway, so I stayed in and read. I love reading. I love books, that's why I want to get into Publishing. At the moment I'm reading Philip Pullman's "The Amber Spyglass", the last installment in the His dark materials trillogy. I'm so into it! What a great read!
Maybe I should just become a complete hermit and read all day. That would make me very happy. I wouldn't have to deal with...
No, that's stupid. I can't live my life like that. I have so many beautiful dreams.
I'm ignoring the fact that Valentinesday is coming up. Yep, complete and total denial always works for me. I don't really care, its just a marketing ploy anyway and I for one will not be fooled!
Works everytime. It stopped raining and now I'm sitting in the Law Library (Because its pretty and quiet and high up) and am beholding the most amazing sunset. If you believe hard enough in your dreams, they're bound to come true. I'm totally sure!
Sigh.

2 comments:

sojourner incognito said...

welcome to the blog world, princess..

Valentine's Day came and went without me veen realising the insignificance of the day. But as you know, I've been living life at a break-neck speed lately. No time to even blog my own bloopers. So tired, so satisfied, so excited..

Will be checking in on a semi-regular basis to read your mind a bit..

cheers vir eers

~m~

Cacophony said...

queen ree

so glad that you are gracing us with your presence. you really don't wanna know how my valentine's day went down, but i'll tell you when i see you.

some truly inspiring words.
mwah
w