Saturday, October 21, 2006

Its a mouse! Get it! Get it!

So I'm backstage manager for this play, right, The Witches, by Roald Dahl.
Its 20 seconds to curtain call after the one fight scene, and two of my actors go into the dressing room. I go after them, determined to throw my weight around to get them back on stage in very little time. I get into the dressing room and there is blood everywhere!
Its seems that the one guy (accidentally) whacked poor Bernard with a frying pan and he had an enormous gash in the bridge of his nose. I grab toiletpaper and frantically try to stop the blood gushing from his nose and running down my hands. By some miracle I do not faint and deserve a medal! He gets rushed to the emergency room for stitches and I am left standing in a pool of blood that also got on the hired costumes, as well as the floor and the tie I was wearing. After I flushed the bloodied rags and TP, I sink down into a chair and was instantly greatful for all the wine I had had during the performance. I just love this business.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the play showing? Times? Dates? Where?

partieweirdo said...

Sorry dude! The play is over. It was only three shows and they were all sold out. Next time I will let everyone know well in advance.